from AWID! Following our Transforming
Economic Power to Advance Women’s Rights and Justice International
Forum, we are now launching a Call
for Proposals to all AWID Forum participants interested in applying for a USD
$5,000 Innovation Seed Grant.
Did the Forum spark a new idea to contribute to the transformation of economic power in your work? Are you planning to share new concepts and connections from the Forum with others to help engage in economic debates and devise strategies to transform and reclaim economic power based on gender justice and women’s rights? Did you think of a concrete initiative that could strengthen feminists and women’s movements to more effectively address the important challenges discussed at the forum?
If so, we invite you to send us your proposal to turn ideas inspired by the Forum theme into action.
To be considered for Seed Grant funding, proposals must:
from experiences at the AWID 2012 Forum
• be clearly connected to Transforming Economic Power to Advance Women’s Rights and Justice
• include a vision of how you see your proposal grow into something greater
• demonstrate creativity and innovation within a workable methodology and viable budget
2012 AWID Forum participants can apply.
• Organizations/individuals that have previously been awarded a Forum seed grant will not be eligible.
• In the case of proposals presented by organizations, preference will be given to organizations with annual budgets under USD $500,000.
In order to be considered for funding, please submit an application by filling out the attached formand returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th 2012. A selection committee, made up of members of the Forum International Planning Committee, partners and AWID staff will review applications and make the final selection. Decisions regarding the applications will be communicated in November 2012.